Friday, July 20, 2007

The Pence Amendment

Bitch PhD recently posted this comment, which I copy and paste here:

I'm trying to reach out to all the blogs I read that have smart, prochoice authors:

I just learned (via NFPRHA) that Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) is poised to offer an amendment today to the LHHS spending bill (HR 3043) that would prohibit Planned Parenthood from receiving Title X funding. This amendment would effectively defund 13 percent of Title X family planning clinics and threaten access to family planning services for millions of low-income women and men.

Please reach out and urge your Representatives to vote NO on the Pence amendment. You can find your representatives by going to Project Vote Smart and entering your nine digit zip code. If you don't know it, go to www.usps.com to look it up.
[Contact info for Representatives is also available here. -Ed.]

If you have time to post this, or to urge friends to call, I'd be appreciative. Please feel free to send around widely.

For the record, I think that if you go here to congress.org, you can email all of your Congresspersons directly.


ETA: OK, so I should read the comments to these posts I link to to find that the amendment already failed, which is good.

No comments: