Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm Anonymous!

Sort of...

Those of you who knew me from RC&D almost certainly know plenty about me, and I'm not entirely interested in a secretive anonymity...I maintained the named blog for 3 years, and am fairly comfortable with readers knowing who I am.

That said, I'd prefer that the blog not be linked with my name so obviously that anyone searching my name or my academic affiliation could find this blog too easily. So I'm taking on the sort of pseudonymous identity that can be linked with any amount of searching to my real-world identity.

But for this space, I'll create a renamed dramatis personae:

Horace: Our narrator, an assistant professor of English at By-the-River University (BRU). I teach modern drama, British Lit, and gender studies. I am a teacher, writer, performer (mostly in the classroom), progressive, and feminist. This is my second year at BRU after thirteen years inside the beltway (you know, the one that thinks it's so important that it doesn't feel the need to identify itself in any other way). I'll explain the pseudonym (beyond the obvious) later.

Willow: My spouse is a writer--working on a novel and a short story collection--and a graduate student (after my hire) at BRU. She is smart and talented, and spent most of her life in and around the same beltway, where she also taught high school English for six years. We met while completing our MA degrees in English. We are parents to...

Imperia and Rambunctious: Our three-year-old twins. Imperia is talkative, obsessed with pinkpurpleandred (despite some perfunctory parental protests), and more than a little bossy. Her charm is complemented and her power is enhanced by the felicitous inheritance of her mother's smile. Rambunctious is also talkative, but less so. He likes books, firetrucks, Curious George, balls of all sorts, and "Copacabana." I may occasionally link to the twins' website, which has their real names and cute pictures.

The cast may grow, but we'll start there.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Horace . . . it works!

Dr. Crazy said...

Horace! Hello!

Anonymous said...

Horace. Cool.

Dr. Virago said...

Hi Horace, you clever guy, you! Should we take RC&D off our own blogrolls?

Horace said...

Oh, Don't take RC&D down yet...let's see if this space gets up and running...but maybe soon...I'll make the announcement on both spaces when I decide where to hang my hat in the end.

Flavia said...

I'm here!

(But, problematically, I have a stuffed owl named Horace. I'll make an effort not to get the two of you confused.)

Scrivener said...

Heya! Um ... welcome back to the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

Hey! It worked!

jo(e) said...

Found you!

Anonymous said...

Found you via Technorati. Will add to the blogroll asap.

Anonymous said...

Snazzy new layout. Does this mean I can't leave spam messages here? ;)