Friday, March 18, 2011

Off to London!

My usual bloggy silence will be interrupted with a different sort of bloggy silence: I'm heading off to London fro Spring Break to do the second iteration of the London Theatre Tour, which some readers (both of you), may recall I blogged about last time in 2007.

Some highlights:
  • This time I have a PhD student doing an independent study and coming along, which will add a bit of peer-camaraderie to the mix.
  • While I'm not as excited about the plays that I was able to secure for my students, our existing schedule leaves a few evenings open for additional theatre, and I'm hoping to catch both Caryl Churchill's Fen and Blank and Jensen's documentary play The Exonerated.
  • The weather forecast currently has every single day forecast for sunny and low 50s. I'm packing an umbrella anyway.
In the meantime, I staying in the Lancaster Gate/Notting Hill Gate area, just north of Hyde Park. Any dining recommendations in the area are very very welcome. In the meantime, I'm off!

3 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Have fun!!!!!

Anthea said...

Have fun!! Check out this link for places to eat in London that are hidden and unusual and won't cost you an arm and a leg!

http://www.greatlittleplace.com/

P said...

Hope you're having a great time! *says with a twinge of jealousy.*