But it's been hard lately:
- hard because I want to post about my mom, but can't post about my mom out of respect for her privacy and my desire to keep this space primarily professional. For the record, things aren't dire, but they sure ain't great on that line of conversation.
- hard because the two committees I've been on lately have been very consuming, and not always productive of useful things to say at any given time.
- hard because I've been trying to edit and write and revise with all of this supposed free time I imagined myself having and which I do not have. Which means that said editing and writing and revising is way behind schedule. At minimum, I have to have 15 pages written for a plenary in three weeks. I have not yet begun to draft.
- hard because instead of maintaining my weight as I had hoped, I'm slowly gaining a bit back. And May is still far away.
- hard because even when the teaching is good, as it is now, it's time consuming. And I just collected a batch of papers today. yippee!