Wednesday, November 08, 2006

RBOC--Post Election edition

  • Yay election day! I voted for the first time in this state, and I'm happy to see that my state is just a little bluer than it was, as is my most recent home state. Still holding my breath on the Virginia and Montana senate races, but the tallies look good, and the prospects for the remaining ballots also looks good. I'm cautiously optimistic about a Democratic Senate to go with the Democratic House. (As if most of you all didn't know everything in this bullet already).

  • I've been very busy lately with just lots of random stuff...Monday was one of those days where I had 4 million little things to do, and while I got a LOT done, I still have about 3 million little things to do. Not to mention a couple of big things looming on the horizon. If blogging decreases over the next few weeks, you'll know why.
  • Two weeks into teaching a novel I adore, and I'm still finding it rich and full of things to talk about. I suspect that by the last class on the text on Friday, we will have opened up more questions than provided answers. I probably have a post on this to write, but that'll have to be for a later date.
  • I'm proposing graduate courses for next fall, and while I already have two to propose, I'm also thinking about another one on the long shadow that Thatcher casts on British literature in the 80s and 90s...Suggestions welcome, and if I don't get many, I may make a separate cpost to call for ideas.
  • Made a batch of brownies with Willow last night...forgot to double the eggs in the recipe, so they're a little crumbly, but added a serious dash of cinnamon and cayenne to them (like 1 tbs. and 1/2 tsp. respectively). MMMMMMMmmmmmmm...yummy.

No comments: