- Seen three shows, including the most exciting theatrical experience I've had as an academic, Martin Crimp's Attempts on her Life at the National. Also the meretricious and homophobic History Boys, and a gorgeous, if overacted, production of Coriolanus.
- Seen Westminster Abbey, site of some conflicted spiritual searching, alongside the accumulation of some cultural capital.
- Been to Stratford on Avon, home of more cultural capital and less spiritual conflict,
- Toured both the reconstructed Globe and the National Theatre.
- Guided students through the magnificent Tate Modern.
- Gotten to exercise an almost constant but casual pedagogy that has been, in some cases, the most effective teaching I've been able to do at this university.
- Not slept enough ior eaten particularly well, the latter of which I must go do now.
Friday, March 30, 2007
More Post Promises
Since my last (almost) post, I've: